Thursday, June 9, 2011

Delicious Dinner Tonight!





 This was our delicious dinner tonight! I had bought some Chinese broccoli at Minh's last week and so far had only had some myself for lunch one day. But tonight I thought I'd create something that I knew Kieran and Matt would love. I had the image of how I wanted it to look in my head and the taste I wanted it to have so away I went! The best part (to me anyway) was dunking the tofu chunks into some nice, hot Sriracha chili sauce! God,I'm addicted, I know....


Anyway, here's the recipe:

* Cut up a block of gluten free tofu into nice size chunks (what would fit nicely between some chop sticks is how I measure it.)

* Marinate the tofu in some Tamari or just gluten free soy sauce if you can find it. You can do this for 5 minutes or 5 hours.


* Heat 1"of canola oil in a deep pan and quickly fry the tofu pieces till a bit crispy. (Some times i coat it with corn starch and sometimes not, it's not much different.)
Take it out and set it aside.


* In a wok, or other deep pan, put 2 Tbsp. canola oil, 2 sliced green chilis, some crushed ginger ( 1good tsp.) and 2 cloves of minced garlic.... once it starts to smell good, (about 15 seconds) add the Chinese broccoli. This needs to cook for a good 15 mins as it's very crunchy stuff! Add some water, about a cup, and let it simmer for a while. I added some more tamari and a bit of sesame oil at this point.


* In the mean time I had put some nice pad thai rice noodles in to soak.


* When the broccoli is cooked, re - add the tofu and briefly stir together. Set aside.

* Drain the noodles and stir them around in the sauce that's left in the wok from the veggies and tofu. Place noodles on a big serving dish, top with the veggie mixture and sprinkle with sesame seeds! 

VOILA! Heaven on  a plate! Don't forget the hot sauce if you like to dip your tofu!



No comments:

Post a Comment